Tuesday, April 1, 2014

a treasured gift

I was given a family heirloom a few weeks ago from my grandmother aka nana.  When her mother died years ago, one of the items she took out of her home was her sewing machine.  She has had it in her home ever since.  Recently she decided to pass it down, and she picked me!

 Oh my word. I'm so thankful.  

This what my great grandmother used to make all of my nana's clothes on, 
where my nana learned to sew, 
what she made some of my moms clothes on, 
what she made curtains for her house on, 
its something she spent a lot of time with.  

Since I did not get to spend a lot of time with her before she passed,
 I am oh so thankful to have her sewing machine. 

Its the coolest little thing! It looks like a desk and you would never know 
that a sewing machine is inside! 












No comments:

Post a Comment